Today I went shopping at Coles in Moonee Beach because we were running out of things to eat. Adam stayed home and while I enjoyed shopping I noticed there were some things that I can’t get here in Australia. They do stock Uncle Ben’s rice mixes but what I am desiring is Rice a Roni specifically the Fried Rice. I even checked on http://www.usafoods.com.au/ but they are out of stock. I asked them to let me know when they have it back in.
I do miss Peter Pan Peanut Butter and only saw it on sale once at Woolworths. At one time the stores actually stocked Cherry Coke. It didn’t stay here long though. I can get it online or maybe even at a speciality lolly shop when I look for it. I have really cut down on my intake of soda though. My first Thanksgiving in Australia, I asked if they had French’s Fried Onions in a can. The stock person looked at me like I was insane.
Another thing that I used to love to get was sloppy joes but here in Australia it is a sweatshirt not a sandwich. I guess I will have to add that to my wish list of American food items. I guess I am going to be making a wish list of things to get from USA Foods. They normally carry long life dry goods. They don’t sell tin biscuits or any dairy items.
When I grew up pudding was not a cake like dish with a sauce, it was more like a custard. Jello is known as jelly here in Australia. Overall, I don’t mind living in Australia. I actually love it but I do miss some of the comfort foods I had from growing up. I still prefer American hot dogs over Australian. The bacon is different but I can get it to get crispy like I am used to.
I am not complaining about living in Australia with the food but you can take the girl out of America but her taste buds still have a hankering for things she grew up with. I will always carry the jingles I grew up with in my head even sharing them with others freely.
“Rice a Roni – The San Fransician Treat”
A big shout out to http://firsttimefreedom.wordpress.com/ for including me in this game as well as Eddie Tatro.
This is me sitting in front of my computer if I had a webcam set up on my desk. I actually took this snapshot a few months ago but thought I would use this shot for this post since you have to have a pic of yourself. Now you have an idea of where Adam sits in our front room/computer room.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/Twitter and let them know they’ve been tagged.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I like awards but hate all the work you have to put into them.
2. Coming up with 10 more things after you have done something like this is no easy feat.
3. I love my nose, it’s not too big or small.
4. One of my breasts is a full cup size bigger than the other.
5. Number 4 was probably too much information but hey I am running out of random facts and I am only at the halfway point.
6. Another beautiful day on the Coffs Coast which started out cloudy.
7. I am working on my horde paladin on Silver Hand. She just turned 88. Two more levels to go.
8. The glass is half full or half empty depending on your attitude.
9. Life is short enjoy it while it lasts.
10. I love making people laugh.
11. I love to sing.
The Questions Firsttimefreedom asked me…….
1. If you had a chance to go back 5 years from today knowing what you know what would you tell yourself? Do not be afraid to try new things
2. If you could go back to one point in history when would it be and why? Actually I am happy to be right here, right now because I am watching history in the process of happening.
3. Who inspires you, be it someone in your life or not? My mom inspired me alot. She had a very loving heart but could be tough as nails too.
4. Three things you love about yourself? I love my eyes, my sense of humor, and my ability to forgive.
5. Who would you love to meet and talk to? Sting, he is an awesome musician/songwriter
6. What music (if any) helps you get through things? The Police or Sting especially Too Much Information it calms me
7. What animal would you like to be and why? Dog, they are loyal and forgiving
8. Why do you blog and does it help you? I blog because I love to share things and experiences with others. I think it does help me because I learn a lot from reading others perspectives.
9. What’s the funniest joke you have ever heard? I always screw up jokes when I retell them so not gonna happen.
10. What brings you the biggest amount of joy? Simple things can bring me a lot of joy like watching my dogs goof around or making friends laugh.
11. What is your favorite sweet snack? Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
My Eleven questions:
1. What’s your least favorite genre of music?
2. Are you colour blind?
3. Do you prefer sunrise or sunset?
4. Do speak a foreign language?
5. Do you want to travel to another country beside the one you were born in?
6. If you had to choose between reggae or country western which would you choose?
7. Do you look up at the stars night?
8. What is your favorite season?
9. Do you like sports?
10. Do you own a dog?
11. Who’s your favorite comedian?
The people I hope will play my little game…
I am only choosing a couple because I have done this sort of thing so many times I don’t want to spread it around like wildfire.
You don’t have to do this but it’d be fun to read your thoughts. Hugs, Dianna
I woke up this morning to find another nomination for me from Looking for reasons to a complicated world @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/the-abc-award/. I know I need to do more acceptances and am very tempted to just do a combination of acceptance for the huge pile I have stacked up. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful because I am honoured to be thought of so highly I just get super distracted with other things. Isn’t that always the way though?
I thought I might just surprised the hell out of Mr Shauny G and get this sucker done pronto! HA HA! I will reveal the rules to you now:
The rules of this award are:
- Add the ABC logo to your blog. (You can find the logo above, I just copied and pasted it from my nomination.)
- ABC about yourself using one word or phrase.
- Nominate however many blogs you wish.
- Let the recipient know via a link in their comments.
My list about myself from A – Z
E. Eloquent at times
P. Perky personality
S. Sneaky when I want to be
X. xenomania ( A mania for, or an inordinate attachment to, foreign customs, institutions, manners, fashions, etc.)
Y. Youthful in spirit
And the nominations now go to:
I know I could list heaps but I am opting to do 3. We all have busy lives. I think these 3 will pass the joy around!
Charlotte, I love your spirit! Rachie, I love your craftiness! Meg, I love your spunkiness! Keep up the great work! I hope you like the award! I thought it was pretty fun to do!