Daily Archives: March 2, 2013
A fellow blogger has nominated me for a
This is the second time dreamingforbetter has done something like this for me so I will see what happens but it doesn’t mean it could happen, could it? I will give it a go and see what happens.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 2. Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer. 3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. 4. Go to their page and tell them. 5. No tag backs!
11 things about me:
1. My hubby is blind from birth.
2. I love Australian shows but there aren’t shown very much on Aussie tele.
3. I love writing (Guess that’s pretty obivous because I blog)
4. My favorite color is purple.
5. I enjoy gaming online.
6. I love meeting new people.
7. I try to treat others the way I want to be treated.
8. I hate people not being good sports.
9. I am pretty new to blogging.
10. I have never smoked marijuna.
11. Snakes, I don’t like them.
11. Question I was asked by tagger
1. Have you ever had an operation or bad dental surgery (You can answer this or not) Yes, I have had one surgery and it’s sort of embarrassing but pretty common. I had to get an anal fistula removed.
2. What is your favourite film? limits, I have lots of fave movies but I guess the one that pops into my head is Dune.
3. What kind of music are you into? all types but funk has been a fave since childhood
4. What age were you when you discovered Santa wasn’t real? I was probably around 11. I was snoping and ruined it for myself. Bad Di, very bad!
5. Do you believe in God? I do believe in God
6. Do you believe our world is being visited by Aliens? The skeptic in me says no but I am not going to say no. I believe there is life other than ours in the universe. Crap, I just used a double negative so I made it a positive.
7-11: dreamingforbetter didn’t list more questions so I guess I just freestyle? Leave alone? Have I screwed this up? I bet I won’t get it now. Oh well, I enjoy random rambling writing.
11 questions for the people I tag to answer:
1. Do you dream in color?
2. Do you think it’s possible to have a polyamourous relationship?
3. What animal are you in the chinese new year?
4. Do you believe in signs given to you when you are pondering something in your heart?
5. Is it possible that creationism and evolution coexist?
6. Do you see life in black and white or in degrees of grey?
7. Do you have an over active imagination?
8. Do you like motorcycles?
9. What is your favorite tree?
10. Have you ever travelled from you country of birth?
11. Do you like surprises?
I have only been blogging for about a month and am trying to think of 11 people to tag. I have only begun to scratch the surface which I am always doing so let’s see how many people I can tag for answering questions. Some of these people write really great stuff and I am discovering more each day!
Here goes my list of nominations:
and last but not least the first person I ever chose to follow who I loved reading on wordpress discovering alone is http://nihonigo.wordpress.com/
Depeche Mode is in my top 10 of groups that I love. This song is a great reminder to me not to cast stones or be too judgemental. I have been wanting to do this post on this song for a while now. I suppose the catalyst that made me do this was finding out about one of my aunts dying yesterday.
Aunt Dolly had lived a long life. She would have been 92. She grew up and stayed in Acadiana for her entire life. Acadiana is a region in southwestern Louisiana. She was a loving mother and sister. She was from a large family herself and had a large family.
Her childhood wasn’t easy which is why I think she had such a tough exterior. Inside though she was very kind. She was an awesome cook. If she knew I was coming to visit, she would always have a pot of chicken and sausage gumbo ready because she knew it was my fave thing that she made.
My husband listens to lots of podcasts. This morning he shared this link with me about Marlon Noble. His story is only one that is often repeated in Australia and perhaps even through out the world. He was jailed for something that he did not do for 10 years. He has an intellectual disability and was released last year but he is still under supervision.
I know that these two people aren’t similar but just think what the world would be like if we tried walking in other’s shoes. There could be a lot more understanding and tolerance. I wanted to use this song to not only help myself but to raise awareness of others. I can act hastily about others but if I were to walk in someone else’s shoes, I’d probably stumble or not be able to accomplish what they have accomplished.